USA basketball has revealed the final 12-man roster for the U16 men’s national team.
The 12 players were chosen from a group of 32 that were invited to participate in a training camp in Colorado Springs, Colorado that began on June 1.
The team will compete in the 2017 FIBA Americas U16 Championship June 14-18 in Formasa, Argentina.
The USA squad will leave for Argentina on June 9 and will open the tournament against Puerto Rico on June 14.
“We’ve got a really good group that’s incredibly talented and versatile,” U16 head coach Don Showalter told usab.com. “When we got down to 16, we put in our system and now with 12 (players) remaining we’re going to sharpen things up over the next few days. We’re going to put a few more things in offensively and defensively and really focus in on our goal.”
Below is the complete U16 roster:
- Scottie Barnes (Cardinal Newman/Welllington, Fla.)
- Vern Carey Jr. (University School/Southwest Ranches, Fla.)
- Jalen Green (San Joaquin Memorial/Fresno, Calif.)
- R.J. Hampton (Little Elm/Little Elm, Texas)
- De’Vion Harmon (John Guyer/Corinth, Texas)
- Zion Harmon (Bowling Green/Bowling Green, Ky.)
- Wendell Moore Jr. (Cox Mill/Concord, N.C.)
- Jeremy Roach (Paul VI Catholic/Leesburg, Va.)
- Jalen Suggs (Minnehaha Academy/St. Paul, Minn.)
- Isaiah Todd (John Marshall/Richmond, Va.)
- Romeo Weems (New Haven/Chesterfield, Mich.)
- James Wiseman (The Ensworth School/Nashville, Tenn.)
For more basketball news go to http://www.blacktoptv.com/